Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fun With Fall Tables



Unless you're at the breakfast table, you're not supposed to find coffee cups in the setting at the beginning of the meal. But we're using our mugs for the soup!




Turkey red stripes accent the linens, roosters serve as place cards, and water fowl decorate the china. They all seem like a natural for a fall table to me.



The theme has a fun but informal feeling to it. Nothing too serious here.



Small Spode plates dress up the solid white Hedge Rose Wedgewood, and are used as saucers for the mugs. An over-size monogram linen napkin pulls it all together.




An ancient transferware sugar bowl punctuates the dark tones. The short tan jug is hefty antique yellow ware. Everything ready for a relaxed autumn supper.






Flatware is a vintage mix, and bistro glasses are Williams Sonoma. All of the china is vintage as well.



Placemats placed over a tablecloth seem quite informal to me, and in this case extend the use of the cloth underneath.

















The mugs are different on each side.



 I found the matching placecards and napkins at my corner stationary store.











I'm in awe of very old pieces like this one still kicking around.









The placemats are two brand new sets of four I came across at the flea market still in their packaging. They were a very small fraction of the price you will find on-line. Oh happy day! 



I hope your having fun with Fall tables too!
Thanks so much for coming by for a look.
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline


Join me at
Tablescape Thursday



20 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this! So different from the traditional fall color schemes and something I don't think I would ever have come up with. Blogs are so great for inspiration! The Copeland china is just gorgeous!

    Happy Day!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love your rooster theme and of course adore the incredible linens...it is all so inviting and shows your talent at putting together the subtle look of a welcoming meal, thanks for sharing...I enjoyed the visit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi J,
    Love the farmy chic touches! and the old transferwear sugar bowl is to die for, I am crazy for crazing :-)) If it weren't for soup our coffe mugs would get no use :-)
    Hugs,
    Bella
    p.s. it's 6 dog nights :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful fall setting. Brown transferware is always in style. Love the chickens! A whimsical touch!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures and you still have your roses:-)

    Elna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything on your beautiful table,china,placemats,everything, just beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a wonderful knack for pairing all your wonderful items! Love the transferware and your mugs for soup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cups and saucers, wouldn't an English breakfast look wonderful on those plates.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it would be a perfect table setting for a clay pigeon shooting club!! I love all the details you show in your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pretty pieces of Copeland. I also like the old sugar container.. All very charming. Your finds are exquisite. I love that you shared them with us.. so calming and inviting.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table looks fun and elegant. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your beautiful fall table. Probably because I love roosters. What self respecting lady doesn't, right? Anyway, your table looks so comfy and inviting either for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Myself I could see some eggs, bacon and bisquits and gravy here. Or perhaps for dinner A ham steak and cheesy grits. Ymmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful fall tablescape, I love the addition of the roosters for a touch of whimsy. Thanks for sharing, Laura - Cottage and Broome

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy I love the transferware and the roosters. Enjoyable! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I just love that transferware bowl. Thank you so much for photographing it up close. It was like I was able to lift it up to get a closer look. You have such a way of putting together linens. Beautiful with the roosters!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Spode plates are too too pretty. Could the roosters be more delightful?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything on your table is beautiful: the lovely transferware, placemats, silver, it's all beautiful. You have such a talent at putting things together. Your photography is always wonderful too!

    Thanks for linking this lovely post to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always have loved a rooster theme anything! Those are the cutest name cards. Gorgeous old sugar bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jacqueline, just gorgeous. I love your dishes. Such a graceful table.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a nice rustic mix. Love the place mats. I also love the Spode and the sugar bowl. Very pretty! Thank you for linking it up with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!